Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all :)

Earlier today I used the Asus update utility to update my BIOS from inside xp, to the most recent version, however each time i tried Asus update displayed an error message. I cant remember the exact wording but basically it was saying that the DMI info hadn't been saved to the bios chip :confused:

After 4 or 5 attempts using the "Retry" option I was still receiving the same error warning, I then checked with the motherboard manual which stated that I would be able to use the Asus crash free bios utility ( from the support CD, floppy or usb ) to restore the bios when the update fails or gets corrupted during updating. So on the Fifth attempt I used the "cancel" option and after a few minutes rebooted the system. My difficulty
is that the system stars, lights come on , fans rotate, but thats about it, the monitor goes to sleep as it receives no signal, there are no beep errors etc and of coarse there is no way to use any drive to recover the bios.

Has any one any suggestions as to what the next step is please?

the motherboard is the Asus M2N4-SLI If you need the rest or the spec please ask but I'm fairly sure its kinda irrelevant

thanks in advance

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi jazz3000

Thanks for youre reply, I have tried clearing the BIOS on this mobo there is a jumper to move as well as removing the cmos batterie, the instructioms said to remove the batterie remove the batterie and whate around 10 secounds which I have done, but I think I will repeat this and leave it longer, after all it cant hurt.

Im guessing that if this doesnt work the next step may be either replacing the mobo or returning it to asus for a bios chip replacement?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks once again jazz3000 :)

I reset the jumper and removed the batterie earlyer, this time I left it out for 20 mins but will leave it out overnight tonight, Afterall theres nothing to lose, Ive also contacted Asus's technical dept via email. will keep you informed.

Take care:up:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.