Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I had a BIOS password on my laptop which I have successfully disabled however I am still asked for another password before the computer fully boots. I have gone back into the BIOS and notice I have a Supervisor and User password both with a status of 'SET' does anyone know how to disable these. The only password I want to have to input is the password at the Windows logon screen.

If it's required I have Windows Vista Home Premium, Acer Aspire 8395.

Thanks in advance!
H:D

·
Registered
144 Posts
joeten that includes hack and cracks.

Against rules.

Did you set a password using Acers ePower icon on your desktop?

Acer eDataSecurity Management

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JB thanks very much for you help. My computer is not listed on this URL, also I know for certain it didn't have this application/utility to start with. I think it may have been on the Acer Bio Protection but no settings in there allow you to remove these passwords.

Any more ideas?

Cheers

·
Registered
144 Posts
Your very welcome.

I have to admit I do not like Acer much and try to avoid them.

You could possibly try removing the BIOS bettery for a few minutes and see if that helps.

However what I am reading is you have to pay Acer for the passowrd bypass.

But I am sure the password is something like Acer or admin.

I am not sure.I have tried a search for this password but got no were at the moment.

I now would contact acer via email support and see if they will give you the password for your make and model of machine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know all my passwords, I don't have any problems logging in. I just want to know once I get into the BIOS how do I remove the supervisor and user passwords? Just now they are showing as 'SET'.

Cheers

·
Registered
144 Posts
All I can find is remove BIOS bettery for two minutes the passwords should be gone.

There should be an enable/disable function in BIOS.

·
Registered
116 Posts
there should be an option in the Bios settings to disable Bios passwords. If you go into the Bios at boot up you should be able to find a setting under Security settings to disable bios passwords.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
there should be an option in the Bios settings to disable Bios passwords. If you go into the Bios at boot up you should be able to find a setting under Security settings to disable bios passwords.
]

I have gone into the BIOS mate and found that one of them was Enabled. I have disbled this but above the one I disabled there is 3 options.

Supervisor Password
User Password
HDD Password

When I highlight any of these the only option I am allowed is to change the password. There doesn't seem to be a disable or remove option. Its not a massive deal but I would prefer it not to be there so that I only need to enter my Windows Logon password and nothing else.

Cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.