Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've had Bigfoot email forwarding for the best part of 20 years. I've stopped getting email for over a week now. I submitted an enquiry to the helpdesk (using my Sky email) but no response.

I can't see any other reports of issues out there - is anyone else aware of this issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having the same problem for the last week. It's a nightmare... no email. I have used Bigfoot's website and sent via their Contact page and their Feedback several times ...no reply or recovery. I also hit their priority help email and a personal staff's gmail account same problem ...and their mail is bouncing. I seem to get this problem at least once a year but usually gets sorted out within a few days without an explanation.
If anybody knows how to contact Bigfoot directly and shake them up on this I would be very pleased.
All my affairs go through my Bigfoot forwarding address called 'email for life'. Right now I'm dying. Help, Bigfoot. Please help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi

I've had Bigfoot email forwarding for the best part of 20 years. I've stopped getting email for over a week now. I submitted an enquiry to the helpdesk (using my Sky email) but no response.

I can't see any other reports of issues out there - is anyone else aware of this issue?
Yes, exactly the same and 3 relatives all with Bigfoot addresses not had mail since last Thursday. After reading the above two posts I did make more of an effort to find some contact details and found he following page:-

http://www.bigfoot.com/contact-us.php

However, ringing the US Headquarters number just goes to voicemail asking you to leave the sort of details you would by e-mail - I don't hold-out much hope but left details anyway just asking for some information as to what is happening. I have also had this e-mail 'forever' and also got occassional problems that were resolved within a couple of days. It's worrying that [email protected] is bouncing and changing your Forwarding E-mail Address is not working properly. There are Philippines and Hong Kong numbers but I'm a bit loathed to try them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same here.
I have used Bigfoot forwarding for about 20 years for 2 email accounts (one basic and one a Premium subscription account) and neither have been working since the start of Feb16. I have sent several 'test' emails to my Bigfoot addresses and they are being rejected after every automatic delivery attempt every 24 hrs.
I have contacted their '24/7 Customer Support' facility almost daily and they have ignored every single request for help or even acknowledgement of the requests.
I cannot understand how a so called Communications Powerhouse can fail so miserably at even communicating with their customers! Their 24/7 Customer Service suggests that there will respond in 24 hours - this is a total misrepresentation of fact.
There have been several similar instances of intermittent total failure and zero support or acknowledgement over the last 5-10 years or so and I think now maybe the time to move away from Bigfoot as they obviously are no longer competent at email-forwarding technology on a reliable basis let alone even manage to send an acknowledgement email to their customers. Big shame, Bigfoot!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just tried the Philippine's number but of course it's 22:41 there! Must admit, I suspected this day might come, it's not like they're well known. Any searches on the internet for them just brings up hairy animals with big feet :-( What concerned me about the voicemail was that the guy said 'I'll' get back to you. Hmmmmm, would have prefered to hear 'We'. Would just like to know whether it is time to start changing 20 years of e-mail address usage :-( Will try the New York number later and maybe the others tomorrow morning before taking the plunge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Like others I've used Bigfoot (as premium) for a long while, but now I'm not getting any mail through. There doesn't appear to be anything in the news that I can see on the internet generally.
Test emails sent from my live account just bounce with server not accepting connections. I've tried sending an email to their [email protected] address but these again just bounce the same. I've also tried sending several messages through their 'Contact Us' page but no response. I notice that when the message is 'submitted' there is a message on screen saying 'your email has been sent' (or something like that), but I suppose if their email is not working then submitting messages this way is likely to be a futile exercise too!
Interestingly, their webmail site is up and running, and I did succeed in sending out a small message from it to my live email account as a test - which I was pleased about and thought maybe it had at last been corrected - so with this success I then tried sending another message to [email protected] but only got an error back saying they couldn't process the request. But now I can't get anything to work again.
For there to be no communication on their website about potential issues is just plain ridiculous! But I notice that their Press Release page hasn't been updated for years, and their copyright in the foot of each page is dated '1996 to 2010', so am I really surprised that there is no communication? Especially considering their track record in previous years.
I think the only thing we can do now is to wait and hope, to see what occurs. Personally, I'm looking for an alternative service with a reputable provider and will be swapping over as soon as. If Bigfoot does come alive then I will set up an auto-responder to tell the senders to redirect my mail to my new account. Goodbye Bigfoot!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Still the same form the New York number. It doesn't even ring. I noted all what you saw on the web page as well Baldur. Doesn't bode well. Just going to be a right pain and where the missing e-mails normally come flooding in when previous issues have been resolved, they won't if it doesn't come back up again. Going to see what tomorrow brings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi

I too have had a 'for life' bigfoot forwarding address for 20 years or so. There have been two occasions when the server connection has failed for several days each time but eventually got the emails back in batches over a few more days. This time, like others on this thread, no emails forwarded since 9th February.

Any suggestions for an alternative email forwarding outfit, even if it is not free?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I too have had a 'for life' bigfoot forwarding address for 20 years or so. There have been two occasions when the server connection has failed for several days each time but eventually got the emails back in batches over a few more days. This time, like others on this thread, no emails forwarded since 9th February.

Any suggestions for an alternative email forwarding outfit, even if it is not free?
I'm not sure forwarding is relevant now. Possibly like you I chose Bigfoot at a time when the internet was relatively new and internet providers where starting-up all over the place and providing you with their e-mail addresses. Because I expected to me moving around I chose the Bigfoot route to avoid having to keep informing everyone of any changes in my e-mail address, and for 20 years that has proved beneficial. Given there are now more established, mainstream e-mail providers, I think I'm just going to stick with Gmail who I'm with and just distribute that address. I believe you can add subtle extensions to Gmail address which will allow you to sort them as they come in i.e. where my e-mail is [email protected] I can provide someone with [email protected] and that will still come to me but is obviously identifiable. Don't quote me on the accuracy of this as I still need to check it out. Gmail does also allow forwarding but again I don't know the details yet. Still hoping Bigfoot will kick back in at some point and all my missing e-mails will come flooding in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

Again the same with me, a long time user.
This used to happen lately from time to time. When it reconnected I had not received emails from the blackout time.
However this time it is taking longer and this means losing business opportunities.

I've read bigfoot website and it seems they have widened their business and this service is probably not very interesting now for them.
Anyway I'll wait a few days more before sadly saying goodbye to bigfoot. And start doing what I expected to avoid with this service, namely redistribute new email business addresses to many people.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not sure forwarding is relevant now. Possibly like you I chose Bigfoot at a time when the internet was relatively new and internet providers where starting-up all over the place and providing you with their e-mail addresses. Because I expected to me moving around I chose the Bigfoot route to avoid having to keep informing everyone of any changes in my e-mail address, and for 20 years that has proved beneficial. Given there are now more established, mainstream e-mail providers, I think I'm just going to stick with Gmail who I'm with and just distribute that address. I believe you can add subtle extensions to Gmail address which will allow you to sort them as they come in i.e. where my e-mail is [email protected] I can provide someone with [email protected] and that will still come to me but is obviously identifiable. Don't quote me on the accuracy of this as I still need to check it out. Gmail does also allow forwarding but again I don't know the details yet. Still hoping Bigfoot will kick back in at some point and all my missing e-mails will come flooding in.
Thank you for your response. I think you are right that email forwarding is out of date now. So off to gmail.com I go. but I expect there are a thousand or more people who use my email address who are not in my address book so I will have to hope that current lost emails may get through, so that I can give them a new address. Maybe Bigfoot has deliberately turned off their server for email forwarding, hopefully to encourage everyone to leave its service which now has no profit or other benefits for it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same as OP, my wife and I have been using them for close on 20 years. Last 3 or 4 years they have been having issues and we have experienced a week or so with zero emails from time-to-time. When you check settings there is often !UND! prefixing your forwarding address. Correcting this in the past usually resulted in emails coming through after a few days (but with the emails in the intervening period being lost!). This time the correction to one of our accounts and emails to Bigfoot have had no response. After over a week with no service I'm guessing that Bigfoot may well be a lost cause. Going to start the migration process to something more reliable without delay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same here. After 20 years or so I once again loose faith on Bigfoot forwarding service. I also noticed that since Dec15 some emails got in my inbox just weeks after being originally sent, what seemed to be a premonition of what was coming on Feb16. The problem of not having bigfoot address is not about telling people of your new server, it is about a lot of subscriptions you made to other servers, e.g. career search engines, that doesn't allow you to change the email address as they use it as your primary user name. That's what is making me loose sleep... So sad to see that a company goes down like this and not even write a communication letter prior to closing off a service. Not reliable anymore, unfortunately.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm amazed though that there doesn't appear to be any media coverage of this. I've searched Google and Bing and very little is returned relating to this Bigfoot for Life service. It's like nothing is happening! For most other issues of this sort there would be hell in the media with them making the most of the story.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm amazed though that there doesn't appear to be any media coverage of this. I've searched Google and Bing and very little is returned relating to this Bigfoot for Life service. It's like nothing is happening! For most other issues of this sort there would be hell in the media with them making the most of the story.
This is the only thread I have found for the Bigfoot outage, it has now been over a week and nothing heard

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is the only thread I have found for the Bigfoot outage, it has now been over a week and nothing heard
Oh well, maybe only a few of us are the only remainders of this forwarding service. That would be a reason for no coverage at all. We would have to search if this Bigfoot Group filed for bankruptcy or so and left everything behind.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.