Tech Support Guy banner

What faction do you prefer in BF2142?

• European Union

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Pan-Asian Coalition

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both are awesome. I have no preference.

• Both suck. Give me BF2 instead!

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Don't care. / Don't play the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I've been playing more and more BF2142 lately, and have noticed myself with a distinct preference to playing on the EU side. I just find the weapons and vehicles to be 'tougher' and 'meaner' if that makes any sense. This got me thinking, 'is there a division among BF2142 players towards one faction or another?'

Let's find out what players think of the game!

BTW - if you contribute to this poll, post your favorite weapons, etc.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've only just started playing 2142 as I've been playing BF2 for the last two months, and I can't get used to it! I've only just got the hang of BF2 and there's a big difference IMO between the two. I don't like the idea that you have to unlock the defibs; if you're a medic you should have that kit already.

Maybe I'll like it the more I play it. Who knows?!?!?! :confused:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's just it though. Fewer classes, more unlocks = better character customization.

Not every frontline grunt will be given the best equipment when you first enlist. Higher ranks and more experience with a certain class gives you access to better equipment for that class.

I like it! The only thing that stinks is that you get no grenades when you start. However, you only need 40 points to unlock them, so it's not too bad.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I guess it's all about practice. I played for a bit yesterday and I wasn't too bad - managed to keep my K/D ratio to 1:1. I've only played it for about an hour total so I'm quite happy with that!

I agree with the fewer classes, definitely makes it better. In BF2 only 4 classes were used in any great capacity; engineer and anti-tank were hardly touched on the servers I played on. It's just a big step from BF2 to 2142; guess it's gonna take me a while!

My brother's got both games; he started with 2142 and then tried BF2. He's halfway decent on 2142; so if he can play it, I know I can! :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.