Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,
I just dled and installed the newest patch for bf1942, and now the game wont play... It gives me the error "please insert CD-rom", however, the CD is in.
I've dled it from 3 different locations, and get the same results. My system plays the game fine without the patch.
Any ideas??

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
Download a no-cd patch. It's legal as long as you own the game. It might also improve the performance of the game, since it will no longer try to access the CD.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
excellent idea, but do you know where I could find one that works with v1.6?? the 1 I found says wrong version

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
I'd check www.gamecopyworld.com

Thats where I get most of that sort of stuff.

EDIT: I'd go into greater detail, but the firewall here at work is my nemesis and wouldn't have any of my "game"-related tomfoolery.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Grrrr!!
I just installed NFS hot pursuit 2, and it does the same thing. Ive tried playing the cd in both of my drives, and get the same error. could this be an error within XP?? I know both drives are fine, and the games seem to work fine on my buddy's system.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
If you have the disk space, you can do what I do.

Rip an image of the disk and then play it with a program such as Demon Tools.

Demon tools sets up a virtual cdrom drive so disk images can be played directly off the harddrive. This keeps my game cd's from getting scratched up during normal use.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you both.. I got it fixed through EA games tech. My mobo drivers needed updated. I hadn't even thought about it because the board was new, but it worked. So I'm happily killing again. THX

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.