Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just curious to know which Registry Cleaner or fixer you guys use?

I know that you can delete them manually instead of buying a software.

I'm just interested which is the best software for u guys to fix registry?

Which one you recommend and ur input about the software.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Do not use registry cleaners at all. Just search around these forums for the many "wonderful" benefits of "cleaning" the pc. If you want to see how much your registry is accessed, try out regmon. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/processesandthreads/regmon.mspx
You will see it is accessed all of the time. Finally, if your system searched the entire registry for one key, it would be amazingly slow and unresponsive. Instead, it has specific keys to jump to the needed parts of the registry. Overall, dont use them unless you have a strange enjoyment of reinstalling windows.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
I use though 3 programs 1 year now without any problems, i can't quarantee anything to anyone about causing problems using those programs but for me just worked fine.
Yes, well your machine is not his, and there could be any number of reasons why it could harm his system. Just because it works for you doesn't mean it works for others.

·
Banned
4,825 Posts
The one thing folks seem to not understand is that even though all appears well initially, there is no way to test all your apps. At some point in time a little used app may be called up weeks later, only to find it 'broken'.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Mmm here is a thought. Did you know the human genome project has determined that about 80% (actually it is more, but lets assume they have made the odd error in calculation) of the human DNA has no function what so ever. So, in an effort to make humans more efficient, let us just strip away the redundant 80% ... what no? Well your computers registry is in effect your operating systems DNA. In all probability getting rid of the redundant DNA (registry) is not going to have an effect but one minor calculation error . . . and your lovely working pc will be redundant.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.