Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my brother lives in south eastern tennessee. he has dish network for t.v. and only a verizon cell phone with no plans to change either. or to get a regular phone. can you get internet service provider with dish. high speed if possible? also given his location what isp is best. what are your thoughts on aol, yahoo, etc...

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
You can get high speed internet with the Dish Network and if he still has a phone line he could probably get Verizon DSL if it's available where he lives. He should compare the price and speed of both services.

When you get an internet connection the ISP will provide your Email service, so there is no need to get AOL. Most people who have had AOL have a horror story to tell, so just say no to AOL.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
I have friends who use verizon and there is a pci card available for highspeed wireless internet, I believe they pay about $60 a month us.
I use my nokia cell phone as a modem, (connects to computer with a data cable) it is slow but works ok. I use this when we travel when I have no access to wifi in the rv parks.
My server is Alltel for the cell phone and Windstream is the isp. Windstream used to be Alltel, until this past summer.
You might also check the following site:
www.freedomlist.com
Good luck
Vicks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.