Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to be upgrading from my basic Saphire stock cooling which consists of a fan with some copper around it and a small copper film on top. My card runs at an average of 69C and this just wont do any longer. I was wondering what will give me the best results? I need the site to allow paypal echecks as I dont have credit cards and refuse to wait for money orders to arrive. Thanks to anyone who can help me :D

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
there are several companies that will do GPU cooling, coolermaster and thermaltake are two of the best for passive cooling, if you are really serious about cooling you might want to consider water cooling.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im going to get water cooling for my next Dual64bit system I plan to build... I just want to get this thing out of the 150's as its going to damage itself!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats what I wanted to hear thanks chicken

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
No problem. The Chicken-meister is glad to help ;)

Eat more fish! :D

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would you reccomend removing the video card to work on it or doing it while its inside the PC?

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Maggz said:
Would you reccomend removing the video card to work on it or doing it while its inside the PC?
Definitely remove the card first.

The Zalman is one big honkin cooler with lots of parts.

I just replaced the fan on my 9600 with an IceBerq 4 set. Very nice and easy to install. Came with 4 ram sinks too. ;)

I really wanted the Artic cooler but it wasn't compatible with a 9600. :mad:

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
JSanguancheu said:
Zalman is one big honkin cooler with lots of parts.
I wouldn't call a heatsink with a fan "a lot" of parts :rolleyes:

The heatsink is massive though... but then we all know the best heatsinks are those that weight as much as the bumper from a '57 Chevy :D

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
I hear that :D

But in all fairness the Artic Cooler isn't really "universal". The backplates do not fit 90% of the applications :(

Not a problem if you like to customize things via a dremel :D

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Wet Chicken said:
I hear that :D

But in all fairness the Artic Cooler isn't really "universal". The backplates do not fit 90% of the applications :(

Not a problem if you like to customize things via a dremel :D
Dremel I do have. :D

I was almost gonna do the heatsink mod and get a copper 1U heatsink and fan and just modify it for the card via dremel. ;)

Alas, not enough time for fun things like that. :) Maybe when the IceBerq dies..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.