Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! First time posting here -usually there's already a solution or something posted if I'm having a problem.

Ok, so my family's XP box had become really slow and was hanging up with random freezes so I reinstalled XP SP3 and everything is working fine except their wireless. I tried using the drivers from the Belkin site but none of them work.

After a bit of research on the net, it seems like Belkin don't do SP3 drivers for the adapter and that you have to install the chipset drivers from Ralink. I'm not exactly sure what chipset the card is but I've tried a few from the Ralink site and it's still not having it.

Does anyone have any solutions or ideas about this?

Thanks in advance,

-Leo
(The card works fine on my laptop with Ubuntu)

EDIT: Upon reading it again, I didn't make it clear; SP2 was on the computer but I put SP3 on it.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
The change from SP2 to SP3 should not affect most network drivers, what makes you think that the Belkin drivers are not compatible with SP3? Do you have an actual reference to that fact from Belkin?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't think the change would make a difference either but apparently it does. I found that they are supposedly not compatible on several forums, not from Belkin directly. One of the supposed solutions was to install Ratlink drivers which are SP3 compatible but that didn't work for me.

I've gone out and bought another cheap and nasty usb adapter this morning and that works fine. I'd still like to know a solution for this rather than having a Belkin paperweight though, so if you have any ideas; I'm all ears.

Thanks again,

-Leo

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
I don't have much of an idea if reinstalling the latest Belkin drivers doesn't do it. What does Belkin support say about the issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I haven't directly contacted Belkin about the problem. I might email them later on and see what they have to say. Would you like me to post their response here?

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
That would be great, we like to know how these things turn out. If they don't have any useful comments, perhaps we can work the issue a bit more as well. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.