Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend, Fry's offered SystemSuite 8 at a net price of $9.99 after rebates.

Having tried their trial offer, I did not want it bad enough to pay full price because it does not seem to offer anything worthwhile when compared to Version 7.

For $9.99, I hoped that it had improved since the trial version was offered but if not, I would not be out much after the two rebates that were offered ($10 and $20).

I got it home, installed it, and within an hour, had crashed my computer. This is similar to my experience with the trial version 8 that I tried a while back.

Anyway, I started preparing the rebate coupons figuring that I would take it off my computer and wait for an upgrade on their site that might improve the product.

After completing the first rebate coupon downloaded from their site, I started on the second coupon. At that point, I realized that both required the box top and the two coupons went to different addresses.

I sent an email to them last night an promptly received an answer saying that you can only get one of the rebates but not both. Assuming that a mistake had been made, I replied and asked them to check this out again but did not receive a response.

Later last night, I mailed another request for verification of this response. Today, I got the same answer again.

They offer a 90 day money back guarantee so I am going to return it to them. The two reasons will be that this version offers nothing new of any value that I can see and I do not need a program that can cause crashes so easily. Also, I do not want to do business with any company that makes offers with stated limitations in writing and that will not honor their offers. I have had too many unpaid rebates over the years an am sick of it.

Maybe in a few years, I will buy another version because this has been a very good program over the years. The practice of releasing new versions of any software annually without offering any value as a way to increase their income stream is not acceptable to me.

I am posting this because I am disgusted with them and while returning it will probably cost more than keeping it because of postage and sales taxes, I want them to know that they have a very unhappy former customer.

I hope that others will investigate their offer before paying their money and I would recommend downloading and trying their trial version before buying. Maybe someone else will find something of value that I missed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar experience with rebates for the Avanquest Fix-It 8 Utilities. The Avanquest rebate had two offers. One was a $20.00 bundle and the other was a $10.00 single purchase, but it's an either one or the other deal. Staples also advertised $30.00 in rebates. It turned out that Staples had an additional $20.00 rebate that had to be submitted separately. Also, the web site info on the Avanquest rebate coupon wasn't complete. Here's the full web address: http://webate.avanquestusa.com/Rebate/Registration.aspx
Fortunately, the software works great on my PC. No crashes or conflicts.
Hope this can help someone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.