Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed B2B : Special Forces..but coudlnt find any games in multiplayer. I then installed the v1.41 patch/update for it and solved the problem, however....everytime i g into the game..i get kicked within the first 5 minutes..either for...losing key packets or cuz i'm ignoring md5 tool quaries or something...i get kicked for 2-5 minutes...can someone please tel me whats going on?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I DID ALL THAT man....i even deleted my pb file completely..it keeps saying..punkb,exe is not running :(
where can i download punka.exe? or is it all in one file ? **** im' so confused tried everything and nothing will work. I pass all the tests and nothing.

I deleted all my files from the PB folder. WEnt and downloaded the pbsetup.exe....installed it, added the game and updated it. All worked succesfully. Stil doesnt work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the thing is i dont think i have a firewall...and i would think that they are, i can play all other games online without a prob. This is themsg i get after having done what you said:

PunkBuster kicked player 'PshycoJ" (for 0 minutes)...
RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure:
PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
yeh punk buster A isnt the problem here..its punkbuster B...PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed

it looks like it is a punk buster error...did you get any errors when re installing punkbuster?

and if your not sure if u have a firewall...wot anti virus software have u got? and what OS are u running cos if u have xp service pack 2 or vista..then u have a windows firewall..and u will have to go in to the program persmissions to allow the programs to access the internet

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ahve win xp service pack 2...and i also have AVG....umm no man it said test completed succesfully without errors..... i can run the test again and copy it in here so you could see.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok so i uninstalled punbuster and reinstalled it and this is my test..this is the first part:

Checking Administrator privileges OK
Opening Service Control Manager OK
Searching for PnkBstrA None Found - OK
Extracting PnkBstrA service OK
Verifying service authenticity OK
Installing PunkBuster service OK
Installed at "C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe"
Checking PunkBuster service status STOPPED
Starting PunkBuster service OK
Adding firewall rule for PnkBstrA OK
Adding firewall rule for PnkBstrB OK
Installation Finished.

Please click "Next" to test the PunkBuster services.

AND THIS IS THE SECOND PART AFTER I CLICK NEXT:

Starting PunkBuster Service Tests (v0.986) (03/06/08 01:41:35)
Checking OS
Windows XP (build 2600, Service Pack 2) 32-bit
Checking PnkBstrA service status RUNNING
Checking PnkBstrA Version OK (1029)
Extracting "PnkBstrB.exe" to:
"C:\Documents and Settings\Jeka\Application Data\PnkBstrB.exe"
OK
Checking firewall settings OFF
Is PnkBstrA explicitly allowed?
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe YES
Is PnkBstrB explicitly allowed?
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrB.exe YES
Checking if PnkBstrB is running NOT RUNNING
Getting port for PnkBstrA OK (44301)
Opening socket for packet send OK
Sending version packet to PnkBstrA SENT
Receiving version from PnkBstrA OK
Received 6 bytes from 127.0.0.1:44301
Response = 7031 (ms) Version = v1029
Getting PnkBstrB install instance NOT FOUND
Sending start packet to PnkBstrA SENT
Waiting for packet from PnkBstrA OK
Received 3 bytes from 127.0.0.1:44301
Response = 11031 (ms) PnkBstrB started.
Load SUCCESSFUL.
Watching for PnkBstrB instance change (0) CHANGED (1)
Getting port for PnkBstrB OK (45301)
Sending version packet to PnkBstrB SENT
Receiving version from PnkBstrB OK
Received 5 bytes from 127.0.0.1:45301
Response = 3000 (ms) Version = 1806
Checking PnkBstrK driver status NOT FOUND
Extracting new PnkBstrK to:
"C:\Documents and Settings\Jeka\Application Data\PnkBstrK.sys"
OK
Sending load packet to PnkBstrB SENT
Checking PnkBstrK driver status RUNNING
Stopping PnkBstrK STOPPED
Deleting PnkBstrK OK
Checking PnkBstrK driver status DELETED
Manually stopping PnkBstrB STOPPED
Removing test PnkBstrB file OK

----------------------------------
Tests finished.

MSG box popped up saying no mistakes.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
ahh..ok..that tells me punkbuster b isnt installed...use pbsvc.exe to uninstall again/..then close the program..and click install this time....then download PBSETUP and add battle field 2 into the game list...then click update..that will update the punkbusters...then allow it throught ur firewall again...along with the game...that should do it...if not..and your still getting the same problem...you will have to uninstall the whole game...then reinstall it...update punkbuster...then install the special forces...and update punkbuster again...its a long process..but the games awesome so its worth it:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I re-installed the game. Installed battlefield 2. Installed the battlefield 1.41patch. Then installed the pbsvc and the pbsetup and updated. Then installed Spacial Forces. Once again intalled pbsvc and pbsetup and added the game and updated. I STILL GET THE SAME ERROR....."PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed" ....everything is allowed thru my firewall..both games and both punkbuster files....the "B" one is jsut NOT WORKING ....is there a fix for it or can i manually overwrite it somehow?

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
hmm that is annoying huh..well..the next step is goin into conrtol panel > administrative tools > services...scroll through that until u find punkbusterB and make sure it is set to automatically start...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.