Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i installed bf2 patch 1.4, started the game, and it didnt work. i went to versions or whatever in the community menu, selected the 1.4 version, restarted the game, and it still didnt work, i cant get into the updated servers, why is this. it worked on my old computer!

· Registered
2,114 Posts
Uninstall the game completely and remove all traces of the game that are left behind. Then make a backup copy of your registry. Enter the registry using regedit and remove all instances of the game using 'find' within the registry. Pay close attention to each key before deleting and make sure it's for the game before deleting it. Reboot and re-install the game from scratch. Make sure to use the proper patching order. I typically will download the full patch and not the incremental ones when re-installing a game.

MAKE A BACKUP OF THE REGISTRY BEFORE EDITING

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is gunna take HOURS for me to download this patch again, i didnt save it. so any other ideas from anyone else would really be nice.....just in case.

· Registered
275 Posts
Reinstalling is your best option.

Uninstall the game, delete any left over folders/files, download the latest patch (v1.41 I think), run a registry cleaner such as CCleaner, clean up your temporary folders, restart your PC, install the game and then patch it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.