Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I ever go to join a Multiplayer game, or click the "Audio" tab to adjust my microphone, my game crashes to desktop with no error.

Here are my specs:

ATI Radeon 4870X2
Asus P5Q-E
Intel Q9950 ~3.2GHz
8GB's DOMINATOR RAM
USB headset.

I wish I could say more, but that's it.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
USB Headset Drivers
Update to the latest version, and search the web for "BF2 issues" and whatever brand of USB headset you use.

How have you applied the patches?
Using the latest full patch (v1.41) on a fresh install rather than incremental updates is far more stable.

Which operating system are you using?
I've found that Vista64 crashes intermittently with this game, though it's still playable. Usually crashes happen at the start of some battles (on map change).

Windows 7 has a problem with Punkbuster, but the symptoms there are being kicked from servers that use it.

Tried reinstalling?
This time drop your clocks to stock when you install.

Good luck

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
USB Headset Drivers
Update to the latest version, and search the web for "BF2 issues" and whatever brand of USB headset you use.

How have you applied the patches?
Using the latest full patch (v1.41) on a fresh install rather than incremental updates is far more stable.

Which operating system are you using?
I've found that Vista64 crashes intermittently with this game, though it's still playable. Usually crashes happen at the start of some battles (on map change).

Windows 7 has a problem with Punkbuster, but the symptoms there are being kicked from servers that use it.

Tried reinstalling?
This time drop your clocks to stock when you install.

Good luck
1) There are none. It's brand new.

2) Yes.

3) I use 64bit.

4) Yes. I did.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.