Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get by batch file to run all the way through but winzip free version is stopping me from doing so. Does anyone know a way of entering a command when my exe is paused by winzip. A loop of some sort. I have to hit space 4 times during the winzip commands. I would like this to automatically be done with a timer of some sort.

Here is my file below

rem @echo off
REM copy documents
xcopy "C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat" C:\Backup\Index_Temp /c /s /r /d /y /i
xcopy "C:\WINDOWS\Cookies\index.dat" C:\Backup\Index_Cookies /c /s /r /d /y /i
xcopy "C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\*.pst" C:\Backup\Outlook /c /s /r /d /y /i
xcopy "C:\MYDOCU~1\*.*" C:\Backup\My_Documents /c /s /r /d /y /i

wzzip -rpu IndexTemp.zip C:\Backup\Index_Temp\*.*
wzzip -rpu IndexCookies.zip C:\Backup\Index_Cookies\*.*
wzzip -rpu Outlook.zip C:\Backup\Outlook\*.*
wzzip -rpu MyDocuments.zip C:\Backup\My_Documents\*.*

copy C:\Backup\*.zip P:\AllBac~1\nick_gerard

· Registered
1,410 Posts
Have you tried redirecting input to your script? I assume the script calls winzip, and during this process, winzip pauses and waits for you to provide a response (which in this case is the "space" character, four times). If this is right, try creating a file with four lines in it; each line is a single space character. Then use this file as input to your batch file:

batch-filename < space-file

Hope this helps.

· Registered
120 Posts
Google for WinZip Command line version, this does what you need (i think), when you pipe a file to it though a batch file, it shows it been zipped, within the batch file, and then moves on to the next command when its done :)

It comes with a full guide on how to use it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.