Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
16,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah...you read that right....Basic ~ as in....last edited in BasicA :eek: :p

Those that may remember, BasicA was during the era of CGA :eek: Turns out it will not even run under VGA. That's where GWBasic comes in. I can run GWBasic and load the *.BAS file -- and can list the lines of the program.

Now to the question...how to bring this up to a language that can be run on current systems :confused:

This is what I have:

Attachments

·
Registered
869 Posts
Erm, Learn C++?

·
Retired Moderator
16,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know C++, Java, and VB.NET ;)

I was just looking to find out if there was a program, or an easy way to convert or re-compile the existing program before I began re-coding :cool:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Are you saying that GWBasic will run in a console? If so, doenst that count as running on current systems? Or are you looking for a GUI?

·
Retired Moderator
16,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GWBasic will display the code -- but the program will not run :cool:

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Erm. Does it matter that the program in the screenshot doesn't do anything at all? I'm sure there's a lot more to it, but if you're looking for a utility that will parse a procedural language program and convert it to a structured language program, I mean...does something like that even exist? I doubt it. You'd probably be better off with a rewrite anyway.

chris.

·
Retired Moderator
16,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah...I pretty much figured I'd have to code from base in a new language -- just had to ask ;)

Oh, and the screen shot is only the first portion of the code...a batch file would be used to start its sequence ~ this is from the days of XT/AT :eek: :D

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
16,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks -- will check them out :) :up:

·
Registered
277 Posts
I used Qbasic for many years a long time ago. If you want a newer compiler, I recommend FreeBasic, though Quickbasic 7.1 will work on Windows 2000 and XP.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Is there no way I can run old basic programs in XP.

Btw,please give me the link to download FreeBasic.Atleast upload it here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.