Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 20 of 345 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone think of the new up-and-coming candidate from Illinois, Obama? As an Illinois native, I am curious! :)

·
Registered
13,837 Posts
piper_maru81 said:
What does everyone think of the new up-and-coming candidate from Illinois, Obama? As an Illinois native, I am curious! :)
He is way too liberal and will never be President . Bet he loves CNN for putting the name Osama in front of his picture the other day!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Littlefield said:
He is way too liberal and will never be President .
Never is a pretty strong word. Who do you think will get the democrat nomination then? Hillary Clinton?? Wanna talk about WAY too liberal! LOL

·
Registered
13,837 Posts
Hillary will get it before Obama ,he does not have a chance if she really wants it .He knows that and he wants her to pick him as V.P. A black conservative will be President before a liberal . Like Colin Powell , his time is past though now.

Hillary is really liberal on social issues but on National security she is pretty strong .

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
He has an impressive personality. If me bends a little toward the center politically he might work out. Right now he leans too far left to get the moderate vote (the majority of voters.)
But he is young, doesn't seem to carry much baggage, and seems to listen to the crowds (others seem to cram their views with ears closed.)
Will be interesting to follow his career.

·
Registered
1 Posts
His stances on issues may be more liberal than the average American, but I still like him because he is willing to compromise to get things done. If Bush, would have just compromised on Social Security instead of pushing relentlessly for Private Accounts, we could have gotten SOMETHING done. I think Obama will be willing to compromise, like a real politician is supposed to in order to get things done.

Independents for Obama
http://independents4obama.blogspot.com

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
Littlefield said:
Hillary is really liberal on social issues but on National security she is pretty strong .
Yaaaay.

Social progressiveness at home tempered with a decidedly conservative stance abroad is how I think this country should try and operate.

At least thats how it works out up in my crazy noggin'.

·
Registered
20,583 Posts
Hmmm - methinks, as poochee, he needs more experience.

Saying he was against the Iraq war from the beginning is not enough. A true leader would be able to step into the current mess and articulate a plan that works for the Iraqis as well as the interests of the USA - and, that's not likely to happen anytime soon given current events. Hard decisions have to be made, and the nominees debates may settle for most of the USA who has at least a chance of bringing our nation together on the issue and why - i.e. for all concerned.

-- Tom

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
4Obama said:
His stances on issues may be more liberal than the average American, but I still like him because he is willing to compromise to get things done. If Bush, would have just compromised on Social Security instead of pushing relentlessly for Private Accounts, we could have gotten SOMETHING done. I think Obama will be willing to compromise, like a real politician is supposed to in order to get things done.

Independents for Obama
http://independents4obama.blogspot.com
Hmmm compromise is a two way road my friend. I don't remember the Democrats budging one bit when it came to social security reform.

I thought the idea of private accounts was great. One of the best ideas that the Bush administration ever came up with. Put social security in the hands of the people it effects. I and the rest of my generation certainly would have benefited from that had it happened. It would have meant a comfortable retirement for those people who were my age or younger, simply by taking advantage of mechanisms already in place.

Thanks for spoiling that one, ya old fouggies! :D

Thats what happens when politicians are too busy trying to win the next election instead of doing whats best for younger generations.

Although, admittedly, so many of the younger generations have bought the Bush-Satan routine as to make the benefits of private accounts all but invisible to their eyes. Blinded by hate.

·
Registered
13,837 Posts
WarC said:
Yaaaay.

Social progressiveness at home tempered with a decidedly conservative stance abroad is how I think this country should try and operate.

At least thats how it works out up in my crazy noggin'.
That does not mean I would vote for her .I am just saying unlike a lot of DEms she is strong on defense.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
Littlefield said:
That does not mean I would vote for her .I am just saying unlike a lot of DEms she is strong on defense.
I understand yah.

I am undecided on the whole thing right now. I do not have anyone in mind that I would vote for at the moment.

Well, I do...Wes Clark. That is a Democrat I would have absolutely no problem voting for.

Fat chance, though.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Mr Obama shot himself in the foot shortly after graduating law school when he published a book in which he referred to himself a s a pothead and junkie. America is not ready for a Black president with that type of history.
As far as his experience goes I don't think anyone but a former Govenor of a large state qualifies in that Dept.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
Zaney1 said:
Mr Obama shot himself in the foot shortly after graduating law school when he published a book in which he referred to himself a s a pothead and junkie.
That strikes me as supreme honesty.

If I remember correctly Clinton didn't inhale... :D
(What a waste of good pot!)

·
Registered
124,707 Posts
Zaney1 said:
Mr Obama shot himself in the foot shortly after graduating law school when he published a book in which he referred to himself a s a pothead and junkie. America is not ready for a Black president with that type of history.

As far as his experience goes I don't think anyone but a former Govenor of a large state qualifies in that Dept.
As far as the info in the book is concerned, he has admitted to this so the persecution of him on this issue won't go anywhere. He will most likely be admired for overcoming it.;)

I agree that being govenor is a good stepping stone to the presidency.:up:

·
Registered
20,008 Posts
poochee said:
..................................................I agree that being govenor is a good stepping stone to the presidency.:up:
May be a stepping stone, but by no means qualifies one to become president................which is obvious with our current White House resident.:(

1 - 20 of 345 Posts