Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sound is very crackly and jumpy, it especially goes crazy at 10 seconds of any song, the steadies again, but generally is poor. Have tried changing sound card and speakers but same problem, when computer was in local shop for another problem the guy had a quick look at but didn't have the proper time to get into it. The only thing he could think of was a registry error?

Windows XP sp2, AMD athlon 2400, 512 ram.

any ideas?

·
Registered
17,584 Posts
It is unlikely to be the speakers.

Have you checked Task manager to see if the CPU is reaching 100%? That could cause the problem.

Could be related to a faulty driver or software application used to play the song. What is the source of the song (from a CD or...?)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kept task manager up while working and noticed that when opening documents and searching for them on the net, the sound went worse and the cpu rose dramatically even up to 100%

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, yes I scan all the time using adaware, spybot, avg, spydoctor, zone alert crap cleaner, but does not pick anything up, have recently got rid of a malware nastie thanks to this web site, but i've had this problem for ages.

No i haven't defragged recently but i have about a year ago, cannot remember if it made any difference, but i will try this now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.