Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,i have a compac laptop and when i start it up i get my xp screen and then the screen goes blank.i can here my harddrive making weird noises.do you think my drive is shot? thanks for any help.marty.

·
Registered
21,334 Posts
If it gets to the XP splash screen and goes to a black screen it is loading Windoze drivers, malware or spyware for windows startup. Boot into safe mode and run a virus scan, Adaware and aything else you can think of.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hello, i misled you when i first start my laptop i get the menu screen not the xp screen and whatever option i pick,safemode ect. i get the xp splash screen and then a blank screen and harddrive noise.
thanks,marty.

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
If you open the laptop up and find out what brand of hard drive you have, then you can go to their web site and download diagnostic software for that micro-drive. A lot of times after you run it the noise will go away. Otherwise I would use your rescue disk...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.