Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
I agree that your board is "backwards", but the two slots on the bottom are PCI slots, and the slot that the existing video card is in appears to be AGP. What kind of card are you trying to install, and what make and model of computer????

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
According to Gatewy your computer should indeed accept a PCI-e X16 Video Card. Though in looking at the picture you posted it appears as though the PCI-e x16 slot is already occupied by something.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is my current graphics card. I had to leave it in while I took the picture (With a web cam) Anyway, It -should- fit...but since the motherboard is backwards I can't really fit it, the vent on the card gets in the way.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
That was the one problem I saw with it. That card is designed to be installed taking up two slots. Are nyou planning this to be used as a gaming rig?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I have NO idea why its built like that, considering I looked up tons of other motherboards and didn't see one even close to the same design..As for my computer? well that's what I -mostly- do on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.