Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I'm not sure if this is best in this forum, Web forum or Networking forum... so here goes...

I'm running EasyPHP (local web server) with a few SQL databases...

Any idea how I setup a scheduled automatic backup of the SQL?

On my 'real' web servers, I do so using a cronjob running a script, similar to the below:

date=`date -I` ; mysqldump -a -u XXXXXX -pYYYYYY ZZZZZZZ | gzip > /home/WWWWWW/database_$date.sql.gz ; mutt -s "Backup ($date)" -n -a /home/WWWWWW/database_$date.sql.gz [email protected] < /dev/null

Or use a built in backup scheduler in Plesk/Control Panel.

However with easyphp/sql, I don't have access to running cronjobs, or of course a built in backup function.

Any ideas if there any simple way to automate it? Figure there must be since the sql is all local...

Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it's on XP... I actually use SyncToy for my file backups already...

Looking at the saved files on my 'server', backing this up will give me .frm, myd and .myi files...
I was ideally looking for something which would generate a .sql (or compressed .zip/.gzip) of the SQL from the database, so if anything ever went wrong (user error for example) with the database, I could simply re-import the latest sql backup from file...

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.