Update AVG by January 15
Grisoft offers a free anti-virus for home users called AVG Free. (Businesses are required to purchase the commercial version of AVG, but it's very affordable!)
If you already have AVG installed on your computer, you may get a warning that you need to upgrade by January 15, 2007. Most people are currently using AVG version 7.1, but you are required to install the newer version, 7.5. Here is how to upgrade to the latest version of AVG Free:
1. Go to www.free.grisoft.com
2. Click on the "AVG Anti-Virus Free" link near the top.
3. Click on the "Download free version" button near the middle.
4. Under the Windows heading, click on the link that starts with "avg75free_..."
5. Click on the "Open" or "Run" button that appears.
6. When the Setup program runs, you'll have to click Next and accept the license agreement.
7. When it asks you to "Select Setup Type", choose "Repair Installation" and click Next.
Having troubles? Head over to http://forums.techguy.org/
and post your question, and always remember to keep your antivirus up-to-date!