Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if the subject was already discussed(i couldnt find it) but i would like to ascertain once and for all what is right to do with AVG updates once they are superseded by new ones in the Programs/Grisoft/Update folder. My line,since updates became quick,numerous and incremental, has been :
to keep all the .bin files starting from the latest big one onward,until the next big or program update.
To always keep the .ctf file.

other people think you only need the .ctf file and the LATEST .bin file, in order for the AV to function properly,which in theory should work as updates are incremental.

I'd prefer a crowded folder and being sure,but perhaps there is the theoretical risk of some mistake by the AV engine due to too many files?

Failing a word from Grisoft,i hope someone can clarify.Thanks,
nanino

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you dont think an overcrowded folder could pose any problem?
I mean to the Test starting with the right file?

I tend to agree with you,after all,every year or so a complete new program update comes up,erasing the remnants of old,
but if the current trend goes on there will be at least 300-320 files in the folder. (now sometimes even 2 updates a day).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.