Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a computer question. I am using AVG virus, etc. protection. This was installed by the fellow who copied all my files and uninstalled and re-installed the XP operating system. Recently AVG reported that I had 5 infections and I clicked the “remove all” button but got the message that the “object is bigger than the archive size limit”. How do I get rid of these infections? Perhaps the question is how do I increase the archive size limit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Buggycomputer.
I found this on AVG's forums and just copied it here for you.

Hi,
according to your description, the infection was inside an archive. If the size of the archive is more than 5 MB it’s not possible to move it to the Virus Vault. Please make sure that this archive does not contain any important data before removing.

Removing an archive:
Choose Test Results (run AVG -> choose History menu -> click on the Test Results item) in the Test Result mark the line with the infection (click on the line with the grey exclamation mark icon) -> choose the Go to file button, you will be transferred to the archive file automatically and you can delete it by right-clicking on its name and left-clicking the "Delete" option from the menu.

Please note that if you have deleted the archive file you also have to empty the Recycle Bin where the deleted archive file has been removed to:
- Double-click on the Recycle Bin icon on the desktop of your computer
- Choose File menu and the Empty Recycle Bin option

If you have suspicion about false detection on mentioned files, please read http://forums.avg.com/ww.avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=395

Please be informed that folder C:\RECYCLER is your "Recycle Bin", so you could remove the infection (files) by emptying the recycle bin.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.