Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have downloaded a trial version of AVG 7 Pro, and the small icon in the bottom rightof the task bar (Black and gray) states that the e-mail scanner is not fully functional. I have tried every which way to arrange the settings, but it makes no difference. Is there something I am doing wrong?

·
Super Moderator
46,552 Posts
I use AVG and always have that problem when installing. You will need to add your server. Go to E-mail scanner>properties>server tab; add your server or it will offer to detect.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, never one to give up I tried again and again and finally I clicked the box for ignore plug in and it is now working, I hope. The box in the bottom right is now a yellow black green and red
square and I no longer get that message that the e-mail scanner is not functional.

I have AOL and it is dial up.

Crjdriver: you say go to e-mail scanner>properties>servertab
where do I find "e-mail scanner" to go to properties, please.
It seems as if there are an awful lot of things to customize and I am not quite sure what I am doing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.