Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My system has been slow starting at boot up, and I don't know why. It seems like my service's are causing the problem. I hit "cntl/alt/del" after I booted up, and the only one that took a long time to finish was "AVGRSX.EXE". All the other service's were done, and my hard drive light was still on after windows loaded, and the "avgrsx.exe" was still being processed. When the service's CPU went to "00" on avgrsx.exe the hard drive light went out, and the computer was fast again. Is this normal, how can I speed this service up and still have AVG "free" run correctly. I have a 3.2 gig processor (intel), and 900 gig hard total drive, two external hard drives are in that count. I use windows XP professional, and 1 gig memory.
Thanks

·
Registered
52,785 Posts
AVG may well be doing a boot scan. That should be available in the settings. It is probably a good thing to leave on if you can find something to do for a few minutes until it completes.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are probably right, I'd rather wait and let AVG do a boot scan in case it finds something there, but it is slow. That's the only thing running in my services.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.