Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a audigy 2 zs platinum sound card in my system. I read that this sound card is quite good with the quality that it produces. However, when I plug in my $100 microphone to the sound card and start recording my voice, it wasn't what I expected. The sound wasn't clear, sharp, and quality was much less than what a cheap sound studio can produce. Obviously something must be missing I'm sure, but I don't know what. Here are a few problems. I have to turn the volume knob really high to even get some decent sound into Adobe Audition program. Now when I turned the volum really high this also increases the noise level. In addition, it sounds terribly bad on the head phone live. Once it's recorded, the sound was decent, there are some noise to it as well, compare to when it's live. Now, here's what I want. I want to have a clear and sharp sound just like when you hear a comercial on an FM radio. Any suggestion on how to fix it or what I am missing and/or need is much appreciated.

ljCharlie

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
Perhaps you have your microphone connected in the wrong jack, or it isn't plugged in all the way. This can cause crappy sound and low volume.

You might also want to check your Windows volume settings, and make sure your Microphone levels aren't muted or turned down.

Something is definitely amiss here, the voice playback is crystal clear with a Soundblaster Live! and the cheap microphone that came with some of the various bundles...Your card should be doing some serious sound... crystal...izing?

Theres nothing like making up your own term.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
The audigy 2 zs platinum should have it's own equalizer software too in the audio bundle and as WarC said it may be muted in either location.

Also you may have it in Line in rather than Mic in again as WarC said.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.