Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just formatted to XP pro 32 but, and I have 2 monitors.

As research tells me, without crossfire disabled, I lose half my FPS rate, but gain my second moniter. With it enabled, I lose my monitor but gain my FPS rate.

Why is it like this? I don't want to lose either of the two. If I disable the GPU, I'm only paying for half the power? Is there a way to enable both?

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I fear you dont understand Xfireor SLI properly. First, you can use 2 monitors with Xfire enabled- i do it happily. you may find Hydravision helps with th esetup.
Second, you do not lose half your FPS. From a single to a dual card setup may give an increase of up to 50%, but generally 10-20 is doing well. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I fear you dont understand Xfireor SLI properly. First, you can use 2 monitors with Xfire enabled- i do it happily. you may find Hydravision helps with th esetup.
Second, you do not lose half your FPS. From a single to a dual card setup may give an increase of up to 50%, but generally 10-20 is doing well. :)
Then explain why it says I need to disable crossfire to enable my second monitor?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I have a similar problem. Without my second display being enabled, I can use crossfire-x (see the logo and performance). Since I enable my second display, I can only use one GPU ( see no ati-logo anymore and have only the simple performance). GPU-Z says the same. I have seen, that when I run a game in window-mode (not full screen) than my CF-X is also disabled, even when I have activated only one display.

I use Windows 7 (final), x64 -64Bit, a single XFX 4870 X2 with two DVI outputs, ATI catalyst driver 9.8 hotfix.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.