Tech Support Guy banner

ASUS VP247HA Monitor screen accidentally damaged

354 Views 3 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  phillpower2
I dropped somethingfrom above onto my monitor screen on the upper right corner and this is how it turned out.

ASUS said the price to repair isnt worth over getting a new one.

The VP247HA (179) isnt being produced now and the successor model VP247HAE ($239) is what im planning to buy.

But before I buy I wanted to see if this is just a screen damage, then purchase VP247HA screen off somewhere and try to fix it myself.

1. Is this damage just a screen damage? If it is, will buying the screen and replacing it will fix it?
2. If not, is it legit not salvageable?
3. Is there a place I can buy VP247HA monitor screen only? And around how much?

PS: From sydney, I dont mind driving to any parts store offline too

Attachments

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Scrap that, just noticed that it is an external monitor, sorry.

The price of external displays has come right down so what you could do is buy a new display and look around online for the same monitor as what you have, it will be a gamble but if you find one that has a bad power board you may be able to get the power board out of yours fitted into the other chassis, shop around for prices for getting this done, you may feel that the cost is not worth it.
Scrap that, just noticed that it is an external monitor, sorry.

The price of external displays has come right down so what you could do is buy a new display
Im planning to buy a new one soon anyways but I kinda feel advanturous and wants to fix it myself as long as its not too expansive.

and look around online for the same monitor as what you have, it will be a gamble but if you find one that has a bad power board you may be able to get the power board out of yours fitted into the other chassis, shop around for prices for getting this done, you may feel that the cost is not worth it.
I searched through Mwave, ebay, Harvey Norman and local computer stores. But I couldnt find a used one or parts. Do you have any online site you might recommend that may sell 2nd hand or parts online?
questionortwo,

Mine was an honest answer, far cheaper to get yourself a new screen than to try fixing the old one, I have been building and repairing stuff for years and take it from me this is how things work, the job will cost more than the piece of kit is worth or it`s a 30 minute job that will pay pay £20 in the UK or $28 and thirty cents in the US.

Techs will often overprice jobs as a polite way of putting a customer off
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.