Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to be an ardent Intel follower but my last two PC's that I built have given me enough issues to say that I want to shift now.

I dont know much about AMD Processors and also about ASUS Motherboards. I have heard that these two make the best of combinations if you have to work with applets like photoshop cs.

I would be putting up a AMD processor of 2.6 Ghz...along with the ASUS Motherboard along with a 300Gb SATA II by Seagate and 1Gb DDR RAM 400 MHZ ( 2 x 512MB bars)

Tell me about what all options do I have as I want an AMD this time and also a pc which doesnot hangs much.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would be getting 2600+ I suppose and not the dual core one. Throw some light on AMD procesors along with ASUS motherboards. I would like to know about their compatibility and stuff which I should know before opting for one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My box has an Athlon 64 X2 dual core with an ASUS A8N-SLI mother board. It is very fast and stable (about 2 months old).

My other AMD computers using Sempron and Athlon Socket A chips used MSI mother boards and worked very nicely.

Which is better, I honestly can not tell a significant difference between the two mother board manufacturers - both appear to be quality boards.

The better question to ask, is what is the computer for and then select the mother board with the features you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.