Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Asus 1005HA Eee pc. I pulled it out of storage to use a week ago. Whenever I cut it on it goes straight to the American Megatrends black window and gives the message "Hard disk locked, enter master password.

I can get into the bios screen and I can tab through the different main titles, (security, boot, etc). However, I cannot move up and down through the options to change anything. The up and down arrows will not work.

I have called Asus support and was told my "hard drive is not being recognized by the pc/bios. They also informed me they don't give out Master Passwords and only the Asus techs have the master passwords which they will be happy to use on my pc as quick as I send it in and pay them for fixing it.

I have tried to press the F9 key on start up........will not work. Actually, none of the F keys work on start up. I have held down, repeatedly tapped and pressed the Fn + F key and nothing worked.

I have connected my DVD player to the pc and used my 1005HA XP support DVD. When it goes through its cycle of "loading RAMDISK image, etc I get a" Output error file to the following location" A:\Ghosterr.txt, and a File name ? (546) message.

I have tried to reload Windows 7 on the pc and that doesn't work either.

I am at a loss as to what to do now. I feel that if I could get this "Master Password" somehow that would unlock the hard drive and fix everything. But I hate to have to pay a fortune to get it. Someone please help!!!

·
Trusted Advisor
86,015 Posts
I have a Asus 1005HA Eee pc. I pulled it out of storage to use a week ago. Whenever I cut it on it goes straight to the American Megatrends black window and gives the message "Hard disk locked, enter master password.
The ASUS Eee PC 1005HA 10.1" laptop is a several years old model which originally came with Windows XP Home Edition.
Who did it belong to before you removed it from storage?

---------------------------------------------------------------

·
Super Moderator
46,747 Posts
We do not assist with password problems. While your intent might be fine, we has no way of ascertaining that fact.
Because of the above, this thread is closed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.