Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reinstalling after formatting, going back with win98se. Every thing was going fine until I checked and updated the aspi. On reboot I got an error message that winaspi.dll was replaced with an older version (which is was not). And the cdrw stopped working, not accessable. I reinstalled the backup(restaspi) and on reboot I got the message that aspienum.vxd was missing and things would not run properly. Still no cdrw and cdrom drive letter changed to what the cdrw had been.
I found the file aspienum.vxd and installed it into windows\system. Still no cdrw.
Any Ideas on what I can do? I am only a couple hours into the clean reinstall. It might be better to format and start over. But what about the aspi files. I am afraid to update them if they crash me and I have to format.

Got to go to grandkids birthday, I'll check back later.

· Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TonyKline, thanks for the reply.
This all started when I exicuted the ForceAspi, but I down loaded the one you suggested and tried it. It said my aspi was fine when it finished, I don't remember what the other one said because I was thinking about the error message. Any way still no cdrw.
I am in the process of format and reinstall. And then if my cdrw is working I am going to leave the ASPI layer alone!

Thanks for helping.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.