Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using windows XPSP2. It is up to date. I have installed a program to C:\program Files\garmin\garmin 500 series trainer\GNC500WT.exe. When I single click or double click on GNS500WT, a message to fast to read flashes on the screen, the application does not start. I created a shortcut, when I click on the shortcut I receive the message: 'The item 'Garmin" that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly, etc.'
I checked the properties, the address of the program is correct. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, turned off all other programs and reinstalled without success.
I copied the contents of the garmin 500 series trainer folder into a temporary folder named test. GNS500WT runs perfectly???. A shortcut to ...\TEST\GNS500WT runs perfectly???
I am trying to run the GPS simulator with x-plane. The software must be in the C:\program Files\garmin\garmin 500 series trainer.
I use System Mechanic 7 to maintain the registry, etc. PC-illan is my security software. How can the program run from the TEST folder and not run from C:\program Files\garmin\garmin 500 series trainer? GNS500WT is set to 'read only'. Thank you for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
550 Posts
djohnsonshawca said:
a message to fast to read flashes on the screen
If you really want to read that message, keep your finger on the "prnt scrn" (print screen) button on the keyboard. When message appers, press that button once.

Open Microsoft Paint (Start/All Programs/Accessories/Paint). Select "edit" from the top menu, select "paste" - voila! there it is - at least you'll now know what it says and continue from there...

:eek:

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
idowindows said:
If you really want to read that message, keep your finger on the "prnt scrn" (print screen) button on the keyboard. When message appers, press that button once.

Open Microsoft Paint (Start/All Programs/Accessories/Paint). Select "edit" from the top menu, select "paste" - voila! there it is - at least you'll now know what it says and continue from there...

:eek:
That is a handy tip! I will try to remember as most of my messages are too fast to read and makes me curse these newer faster computers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.