Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved into an apartment recently and ever since then I can't connect to a certain program. The main one i need to use is soulseek, yes soulseek is a p2p program but it's for underground music (DIY record labels) only, it does not violate any laws like the ones this forum has mentioned (KAZAA). Anyway, my problem is that it will not connect to the server. I know it has something to do with the network that I am now on because I never had any problems at my former house, even when I was using a router. I suppose since every apartment has High Speed internet inputs it must be on a giant network or something I really don't know. Can someone please help me figure this out?

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
I'm going to guess it's blocked by the apartment network.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, how do i get around that if it true? that makes no sense though because there should be no reason its blocked. i would think the ports need to be forwarded or something

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Could be, but you'll have to take that up with the folks that administer the apartment's network.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.