Tech Support Guy banner

Aorus H370 gaming 3 stuck in boot loop

510 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  crjdriver
Hi all I recently received a Auros gaming 3 h370 motherboard as a gift

I've plugged in all of my old parts in and turned it on.

All of the check lights go through until the VGA one, then the whole system turns its self off and then back on again. Doesn't even show the BIOS screen.

Using a i5-6400 processor, msi gtx 1050 ti gpu and 2x4GB ddr4 cosair vengeance ram

Any help is welcome as i just can't figure this out.

Thanks in advnace :)
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Welcome to the forum, @zeedrunkmonkey. As a starting point, I recommend you read through @crjdriver's troubleshooting guide here. Please make note of any issues you may encounter to share to this thread, so we can help you work through this issue.
Reactions: 1
Never going to work. That board supports 8th and 9th gen processors. You have a 6th gen processor.
Here is the supported processor list.
H370 AORUS GAMING 3 (rev. 1.0) Support | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global
If you want that board to work, you need to purchase either an 8th gen or 9th gen processor.
If you want that board to work, you need to purchase either an 8th gen or 9th gen processor.
Thanks very much, I'm quite new to this and saw that it supports i5 processors, didn't realise the 6400 wasn't compatible, time to get a new cpu!
No problem. Everyone has to learn at some point. For future reference, when you intend on doing a build, the very first thing you do [after choosing a motherboard] is consult the motherboard support page to see which processors are supported AND if you are going to need the latest bios.
Reactions: 2
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.