Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I was just posting on the AOL/Verizon thread in e-mail and browsers and I thought I might start this thread so people can voice their opinions about AOL service.

Discuss,
Simon :)

Note to Moderators: Feel free to delete and direct me to another thread if needed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,254 Posts
Want my opinion.
RUN RUN AND DONT LOOK BACK.

AOL IS EVIL.

Want to know why i joined TSG? I found this post through google:
http://forums.techguy.org/reviews/251607-why-you-hate-aol.html?highlight=hate+aol

I got AOL and wanted to leave after 1 week. Unfortunatly they wouldnt let me got for 12 months.

Problems with AOL:

Intermitent Conection
You have to use their software to sign in
AOL software infects you computer and it is near impossible to get rid of, I still have their AOL Antispyware listed in the services on my pc
Their customer service (Once you get through) is useless and they keep trying to sell you stuff.
AOL browser is annoying.
AOL Dialer decides to disconect of its own accord.
Waste of money
Takes up space
Software slows down your computer
The "Welcome" and "You have mail" stuff
Spam
They tried to charge TSG to send mail to members with AOL email.
The free AOL CD's are an enviromental disastor.

I think ive nearly covered everything. Ill post the rest later. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SouthParkXP101 said:
AOL is junk...... simply JUNK horrible emal programs, antimalware they are JUNK
I'm right along with you there. I temporarily had it installed on my PC because I was moving yet uninstalling it was a pain and the tech support was even worse. Never again!

-Simon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,477 Posts
Got AOHell installed. Yes, I know about AOL and all that.

Fortunately though, I've been able to keep it under control...(Wasn't easy though, since it is so insidious.)

And AOL's decided not to let me use dial-up til I switch to some plan of theirs that allows me to.

Errr....dial-up? No thanks. Their plans are ridiculous and they charge too much even if you've got a set plan.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,103 Posts
dungeonguard said:
I'm right along with you there. I temporarily had it installed on my PC because I was moving yet uninstalling it was a pain and the tech support was even worse. Never again!

-Simon
ive helped dozens with AOL and we allways remove it....... one way or another:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,353 Posts
I am still getting crap from AOL off of my harddrive. When I uninstalled it, the free Mkafee Firewall didn't uninstall all the way, and wouldn't letme online. Took a while to disable it. actually, I had to download Firefox until I could disable it enough to use my Explorer browser. What a pain.

Then they kept trying to charge me for service, so I had to tell my CC co. every month to take the charges off, and finally started to yell at the CC co. for letting them charge me, especially after sending the info. they required that I was really discontinued....also I sent them articles on lawsuits against AOL for overcharging.

So i am not happy with them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,600 Posts
AOL is a load of {deleted}!! :down:
A OS--a Browser -- a legit Provider -- is all needed .
No need for AOL software. >f
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,254 Posts
LitomoSilver said:
Got AOHell installed. Yes, I know about AOL and all that.

Fortunately though, I've been able to keep it under control...(Wasn't easy though, since it is so insidious.)

And AOL's decided not to let me use dial-up til I switch to some plan of theirs that allows me to.

Errr....dial-up? No thanks. Their plans are ridiculous and they charge too much even if you've got a set plan.
When i sarted my 12 months of AOHell i was able to use dial-up when my broadband wanst working (which was frequnetly) Then a couple of months in they decided to change the contract and said i had to Upgrade! to get dial up! Surely thats a step in the wrong direction.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why would you have to upgrade to basically get horrible software????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,952 Posts
firestormer said:
Want my opinion.
RUN RUN AND DONT LOOK BACK.

AOL IS EVIL.

Want to know why i joined TSG? I found this post through google:
http://forums.techguy.org/reviews/251607-why-you-hate-aol.html?highlight=hate+aol

I got AOL and wanted to leave after 1 week. Unfortunatly they wouldnt let me got for 12 months.

Problems with AOL:

Intermitent Conection
You have to use their software to sign in
AOL software infects you computer and it is near impossible to get rid of, I still have their AOL Antispyware listed in the services on my pc
Their customer service (Once you get through) is useless and they keep trying to sell you stuff.
AOL browser is annoying.
AOL Dialer decides to disconect of its own accord.
Waste of money
Takes up space
Software slows down your computer
The "Welcome" and "You have mail" stuff
Spam
They tried to charge TSG to send mail to members with AOL email.
The free AOL CD's are an enviromental disastor.

I think ive nearly covered everything. Ill post the rest later. lol
Exact same reason I found TSG too. :p

AOL sucks.

Don't do it! Don't turn to the dark side!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,477 Posts
firestormer said:
Well in that case post a relpy on it to get a pertition going lol.


Friends, Romans, Countyman; Lend me your ears,
If we stand united we can defeat AOL once and for all!
Hmm...alright, ya got it, General!
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top