Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed this thing and all I can say is Wow! I am not sure if I am gonna continue to test or use that "restore point". :D

I guess I'll give it a day or two.

·
Registered
14,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Don't bother with the beta IMO. I uninstalled it. It has a clean look but the functionality wasn't there.

I couldn't move my cursor properly and this forum's software had a definite glitch with it. Hey, it might be the way I have windows set up that was causing the problem but I have my machine set up to be secure. IE-8 should not go in and make changes without my OK which it did.

I know this is an early beta and I know I took my chances by trying it. Know what?? I'll try the next beta also. :D Roll them bones!!

·
Registered
45,855 Posts
Well I installed it on both my Vista and XP systems.

Some notes:

The installs on both went without issues, but XPs was much faster, requiring only one restart. Vista's was a 3 stage process requiring two restarts.

No problems browsing so far.

Minor annoyance >> links on link bar do not open in a new tab as they did in IE7; you must right click and select "new tab"

There is an emulate IE7 tab that appears to have no functionality.

On the PLUS side -- you can now import Opera favorites -- and this was handled qute well -- but be patient, there is no seeming activity indicator during the process and you may think the browser is hung.

So far one VERY big negative -- NETFLIX Instant Watching does not recognize it as a compatibile browser -- so I promply uninstalled it on XP.

Also you will find that you will have to manually remove the "welcome" pages from your Internet Options start field

>> And your right, there may be some gllitching with the cursor -- I'm seeing that now as I type -- it may be a bit slower to respond, and did not position correctly when using the mouse .

Keyboard must be used to reposition the cursor.

Hmmmmm..... :rolleyes:.

I will say this for it -- initial startup and page loading seem much faster :)

edit No problems typing or positioning the cursor on another forum -- just here so far!

:confused:

·
Registered
14,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I honestly never tried it on the XP machine. I know it is gone for now on anything I run. :p

It is funny maybe but I seem to be one of the few still holding onto IE full time.:rolleyes: Old habits maybe, but more of "I don't like Firefox".

To each his own but if IE doesn't improve before it is a "forced/nagging" update I may end up running an alternative.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey, are there any screenshots? Where can I find more info on this. I know this is a stupid question, but IE7 hasn't been around long and now they release a new one, doesn't that seem to be jumping the gun a little?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.