Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day. I have two problems today.

1. In Media Player most of my .avi files are now playing with a green border around the bottom and right hand side of the video. Has only just started - I checked with files I have played before with no issue and most of them are doing the same.

2. Winamp will not play them properly at all - I get sound from the start but the picture is frozen on whatever is the first frame, which for most of them is a black screen. If I move the scroll bar across to skip a bit the timer displays the new time point but the whole thing freezes - no sound and still no video. It plays .mp4 sound complete with skipping through points but does not load ANY video - just the nullsoft logo on the screen.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest winamp version and have rolled back from WMP 10 to 9. I have been using both of these programs for some time with no problems. It's only in the last few days that it has changed and I can't think of anything I have done that may have caused it.

Cheers

PS - I just played the .mp4 file in WMP and it worked fine except the quality was really grainy. Positive it wasn't like that last time I watched that one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As an adendum - Nero Showtime was doing the same green line thing but only a fraction of the width of WMP. I uninstalled and reinstalled Nero and now it is corrected in that program. WMP and Winamp are the same as before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.