Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using pictureshare.net to automatically switch the wallpaper on my desktop for over a year now. Well, I had a bunch of problems with my computer yesterday and when I put the HiJackThis log onto the site, I was told that the pictureshare software was causing alot of the problems- and the annoying "processes" that were running came from the the pictureshare software.

Anyone know of a similiar program that I can use to automatically change my wallpaper using pictures from a specific folder?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Try Irfanview it's also free and will do what you want without a problem.

Download it from here:
www.irfanview.com be sure to get the plugins also.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, thanks. I'll check that program out. I'm also going to email the guy that makes PictureShare. I talked to him a few months back asking if there was going to be an unpate that would automatically fir the pictures to my widescreen screen and I remember he said something about an update being worked on, but it wouldn't be shareware. Maybe if it's not shareware it will be a little safer.

I'm thinking I must've forgot to turn back on my Norton after copying a dvd and someone hacked into the program because I've been using it for over a year eith no problems until this past week.

I'll see. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
FREE!
Go to www.webshots.com and download the Webshots Desktop. It's free, and it allows you to cycle your wallpaper on any schedule you wish. It also incorporates a slideshow screensaver, and there are a lot of great wallpaper images available for free download.

·
Registered
546 Posts
2talll said:
THanks I'll try that one first since it's free.
Be very careful. That site loaded all kinds of stuff on me that I didn't want and it was hard to get rid of. It didn't ask, it just DUMPED. It changed my desktop to things I did not want, added a calander, and a clock, and ... Gaaahhh !

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I was at webshots and never got anything dumped on me. Do you have your IE setup to allow all downloads? If I were you, I'd check under Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab. Make sure Enable install on demand is unchecked, and Enable install other is unchecked.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
EVERYTHING in Webshots is optional. Once it is installed, go to "Settings" and turn on/off whatever features you want/don't want.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didn't like WebShots- I'm using the Wallpaper Sequencer that was suggested above. I didn't like how WebShots made "copies" of the pictures in the WebSHots folder to use as the wallpapers as apposed to just using the original pictures. One, what a waste of hard drive space to have copies of all my pictures. Two the wallpapers with low quality copies of the orignals. Much better to have the 1.4+MB picture being shrunk down to fit the screen as apposed to having 250k pictures stretched out on the screen.

·
Registered
546 Posts
photolady said:
I was at webshots and never got anything dumped on me. Do you have your IE setup to allow all downloads? If I were you, I'd check under Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab. Make sure Enable install on demand is unchecked, and Enable install other is unchecked.
I can't really remember the sequence - I think it asked if I wanted to install webshots and I clicked 'OK' then Whammo ! I do not have install on demand checked for IE or for 'other'. It took me about 2 days to get it all out. I was just trying to warn about the experience.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.