Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
27,087 Posts
Throw them in jail...there's got to be SOME law that can be stretched to encompass this.

·
Banned
44,930 Posts
Sad state of affairs.
Been hearing of some of these incidents for several days.
There have been some Moslem leaders that have warned the fundie movements against this, stating that kind of inhuman activity might be met with resistance.

It was this same reason Graham was kept out of Iraq in the early days after the war with Saddam's army ended. The fear was that Graham's tactics of food and medicine for conversion would lead to rebelion.
Happened anyway...........:cool:

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
That was totally unacceptable, completely unforgiveable, and absolutely disgusting. :down:
Thanks for posting it.
Apparently, nobody in this gang of devils ever heard of 'the good samaritan'. :down:
Religious groups should be barred from distribution. The people don't need someone else's beliefs shoved down their throats. They need food and shelter.

Just try to convert them now :rolleyes:

_

·
Registered
124,707 Posts
lizard said:
Religious groups should be barred from distribution.
Hi Lizard, this is not the usual behaviour of a religious group. True, religions hope to get some new Christians, but regardless, their object is to help people. Also, this is one of the best ways to distribute help. The middle man is not there, and the people get more :up: . So don't judge all by a few. :)

·
Registered
19,132 Posts
How awful! I cannot grasp the concept of wanting to convert someone out of love, yet denying them the most basic things in life to punish and force them into accepting your beliefs. Thats just twisted reasoning. :( It totally goes against what Jesus taught.

·
Registered
27,087 Posts
I can't comprehend wanting to convert someone...period.

·
Registered
27,087 Posts
Sure...

·
Registered
51,023 Posts
valley said:
How awful! I cannot grasp the concept of wanting to convert someone out of love, yet denying them the most basic things in life to punish and force them into accepting your beliefs. Thats just twisted reasoning. :( It totally goes against what Jesus taught.
Not much difference here and not allowing your teenager to date non-Christians--still causes a lot of heartache and not what Jesus taught! ;)

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
lizard said:
Religious groups should be barred from distribution.
95% of religious organizations (not just Christian) give aid to the needy without asking for conversion. It's ridiculous to treat religion as a whole as responsible for this event. The actions of a few ignorant people claiming any religion should not reflect the others involved in that religion. Obviously this is not something that most people would do, Christians or not. Do you blame all Muslims for 9/11? Of course not. A similar rule applies here.

Let's not go overboard with this.

·
Moderator (deceased) Gone but never forgotten
47,973 Posts
Mulder said:
Not much difference here and not allowing your teenager to date non-Christians--still causes a lot of heartache and not what Jesus taught! ;)
She has nothing against those people, she just doesn't want her children dating them! :D

If Christ had any children, I wonder if he'd let them date a Jew? :D :eek:

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
bassetman said:
If Christ had any children, I wonder if he'd let them date a Jew? :D :eek:
Well, I'm pretty sure Christ was a Jew, so I'd think the answer would be yes.

·
47,973 Posts
onemundaneso said:
Well, I'm pretty sure Christ was a Jew, so I'd think the answer would be yes.
So why wouldn't a follower of Christ let their child date someone of Christ's own religion? :confused: ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
bassetman said:
So why wouldn't a follower of Christ let their child date someone of Christ's own religion? :confused: ;)
I'm pushing the limit of my knowledge about Judaeism, but I belive the short answer is that Jews do not believe that Jesus was the Mesiah. Sent to Earth to free humanity from its sins. This however is the core belief of Christianity.
If you were... better yet if your child were hanging from a cliff and you absolutley knew the safest way to save them was to get a secured rope to them(let's assume you have this rope) would you try to prevent your child from jumping onto the skid of the helicopter hovering behind them?
I'll leave it to you to decide which religion is the rope and which is the helicopter. That's your choice.

Kinda' crappy analogy but I think you get the point. :)

·
47,973 Posts
vealj said:
I'm pushing the limit of my knowledge about Judaeism, but I belive the short answer is that Jews do not believe that Jesus was the Mesiah. Sent to Earth to free humanity from its sins. This however is the core belief of Christianity.
It was sort of rhetorical, but thanks! :D

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
vealj said:
That's about the extent of it. The Jews are still waiting for their Messiah to come.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts