Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going through my event viewer, looking for something, to see if I could find a certain error code, and I accidentally clicked on.. My security tab.

I saw this.

Event Type: Success Audit
Event Source: Security
Event Category: Logon/Logoff
Event ID: 540
Date: 7/5/2005
Time: 6:36:17 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON
Computer: [Computer Name Removed](I removed this for posting)
Description:
Successful Network Logon:
User Name:
Domain:
Logon ID: (0x0,0x16D3E)
Logon Type: 3
Logon Process: NtLmSsp
Authentication Package: NTLM
Workstation Name:
Logon GUID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Now it's there quite a few times, and seemingly only when I log on. (I share this computer with a few others)

I also am labled on the computer interface as HP_Owner, instead of the name I had chosen for my desktop (I think I set myself up as total admin when I got this new computer)

Now does anyone have -any- clue what so ever as to why I'm getting the whole anonymous logon thing?

I'm running on XP with SP2 installed on it (Came that way) All of my updates are..well up to date..

I'm running AVG virusprotection (The free one)

And Zone Alarm.

I don't know if this has happened before the 3rd of July as my log isn't going back that far, but it does show up on the logs for the 3rd.

I'm just worried, this is a new computer,I don't want to ruin it, I have a black thumb with computers I think, though I'm learning.

Thanks in advance guys.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.