Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I turn on the computer and everything is fine. Hours later, I start getting these annoying long pauses when I'm launching a program or such. For example, I would be using Ventrilo when I'm launching a game. After I double-click on the game, everything would pause for like 10 seconds; even the people talking in Ventilo would cease. After, the screen goes black for about 20 seconds, then the game would launch and everything resumes; the conversation in Ventrilo would pick up exactly where it left off as well. It doesn't just pause when launching games, but these annoying pauses also goes for when I minimize or maximize programs that shouldn't take long. It even pauses when windows asks me if I'm sure I want to run things. Even when I hit alt, control, and delete too. The only fix for this is restarting the PC, which is temporarily. What do you guys think? Any solutions?

Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Sapphire HD5870 1GB
AMD Phenom II X6 Black Edition
8GB DDR3 RAM
ASRock M3A770DE Motherboard

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Try this

Download and install hwmonitor
and see what the temps etc are. Download the 1.17 setup, english on the righthand side.
....take a reading when not running the game or programs CPU(core) and GPU Video card and post them. (Just a screenshot of results is fine)

Then run the game or any other intensive program for 10min or so and take another reading post the results

·
Registered
628 Posts
Try posting another Pic or two after you've had your machine on for at least One Hour and then 2 Hours.

10 Minutes is not much time to see if it is a overheating problem.

Good luck
Ray

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.