Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Well, you don't give much information for us to go by, but I'll run a few assumptions (PAL is your native format, and you are, presumably, interested in using your PC to accomplish this).

The cheapest option is to install a TV card. You could then attach a VCR to it (via coax cable) and from there hook your analog camcorder up to run through the VCR, straight to your PC/TV. Then all you'd have to do is record.

ATI TV card is pretty good. Has various formats you can capture with.

hope this helps,

MBN

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
One additional question: Wouldn't I have to add a converter between my PAL video recorder and the VCR to convert the PAL input to NTSC output for the VCR to accept. Based on your suggestion, the VCR then delivers a NTSC format to the TV Card (also NTSC) and I use a recording software to convert to DVD. Did I get this right?

Okay, just so everyone has the opportunity to learn from others, make sure you post back on the existing thread.

This question goes to lack of information provided. I have absolutely no way of knowing if you are in PAL or NTSC territory....

Assuming by your above message, you are currently in NTSC-land. I know converters exist, but do not know where to find them. One option, though, is to find a company that can convert it for you. I have done this several times with VCR tapes that needed to be converted from NTSC to PAL to share with relatives in Italy. The cost wasn't bad and the job was done fairly quickly.

MBN

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.