Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an AIO (all in one) copier, printer, scanner, fax machine.
A HP 5510v.

I'm running 98 or XP (XP till my 98 gets fixed).

I have a cable internet connection.

Q: Will I be able to fax from a cable internet connection...or does this have to be on dial-up.
I'm thinking of faxing being connected to a phone line.(typically)

Is this possible via cable?

Sounds rather dim of me, huh? :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok,(good links) but I bought this machine, and still don't have an answer as to if I can fax via cable, or for that matter DSL.
I'm assuming I can.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
you can not do a fax like you would with a dial up connection. Like Candy said you can use Efax. Though I dont know how well it works.

·
Retired Administrator
103,703 Posts
If you wish to fax the 'normal' way you are used to, then yes, you will need to plug the phone line into the machine and manually dial out, or do it via a program like Winfax. I also think XP has a built in fax program, but I could be wrong.

I use EFAX for my free incoming faxes. They come to me as email attachments and it works wonderfully. You can get up to 20 per month with a free account. I use the webfax.jax to send faxes via the web to a real fax machine, and each page is 10 cents to the U.S. It works wonderfully as well ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.