Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:
The CPU fan for my Dell Dimension 2350 desktop computrer stopped working and I got the BIOS error "Alert: CPU fan not detected". So I replaced the CPU fan and the fan works good but now I get this error message when ever I turn my PC on. When I press the power button, I get the Dell logo and I get the Phoenix-Award BIOS screen with the error message "Alert: CPU fan not detected. Press F1 to continue,F2=SETUP,......". When I press F1 the system continues to boot fine and the Pc works fine. My CPU is cooling fine also.
The error message is very annoying and I want to remove it or resolve the issue Please help. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Have you hit F2 to enter setup? You may just need to enter the BIOS then Exit so it can reset the message.
You may have to do an Exit and Save changes

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I did use F2 to enter the BIOS and then exit. I did exit and save changes. But still the error "Alert: CPU fan not detected" still appears after the Dell logo at start-up. Is there a way to turn off the BIOS error message because my CPU fan is working and cooling my cpu fine. I just need to remove that annoying error message.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.