Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please, I need help with:

1. A link that'll lead to a "THIS WILL DEFINITELY WORK" ad remover for AIM.

2. An associated version of AIM that I can download.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I know this!!
If I were at home I could tell you but I'm at work on a dummy workstation.
There's a couple files in the AIM folder named adverk.ocm or addavert.ocm and browser.ocm or acm.... ?? Not sure.
But all I did was change the file extension "ocm" to something else like .jpg or .dll and the little browser window didn't work anymore for aim.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jeff in MI said:
I know this!!
If I were at home I could tell you but I'm at work on a dummy workstation.
There's a couple files in the AIM folder named adverk.ocm or addavert.ocm and browser.ocm or acm.... ?? Not sure.
But all I did was change the file extension "ocm" to something else like .jpg or .dll and the little browser window didn't work anymore for aim.
JEFF are you home now? IF so, can you elaborate more on this?

Appreciate it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Why not try AIM Ad-Hack - I think it will do what you are wanting. If you do a search on google, you should be able to find the website. I know majorgeeks and others have it on their sites.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sorry, Forgot I posted in here till I checked the mail.
Try this;
Removing the ads from appearing on the AIM Buddy List.

1. Go to your AIM directory (c:\program files\aim95\) or wherever you installed AIM to.

2. Delete the file "advert.ocm".

3. Rename the file "admin.ocm" to "advert.ocm".

4. That's it!

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
debunkcia said:
yeah i know.... i said he should say good bye to aol. it was just a suggestion. so also i posted spyware removal tools.
Using aim does not correlate to using AOL. Just like using MSN Messenger doesn't mean you use MSN Internet and using Yahoo Messenger doesn't mean you use Yahoo! DSL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.