Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just downgraded from an infected vista to XP pro, and I have had a few problems. Some I fixed, some I have no idea what is wrong.

Problem 1: Modem driver was not installed like it was before. I fixed it so I could get internet by using the disc that came with the modem.

Problem 2: No sound driver was installed, so I got one from the internet, confirming it was the right one for my computer (got it off the manufacturer's website)

Problem 3: Game applications lagging badly (movable items being skippy or just not working), no fix yet.

Problem 4: Toolbar images low quality, like if i were to expand them on paint then shrink them back down.

Overall performance is not too bad otherwise, I just feel something is WAY off.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Acer Desktop, Athlon 64 Processor, no CD other than the one for the modem.

I have the reinstallation CD's for my older eMachines (came with XP home) but I don't want to try those looking at the warning saying only to use them on eMachine products.

Problem 3 is temporaily fixed if you restart the computer. If you restart the game however, the problem has around 50% chance of returning.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its an aspire AM1100 Acer desktop, a few years old.

My friend came over and used his disc. he put it in before the white ACER screen, then pressed a button repeatedly to start the installation.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
for those that dont know acer bought gateway and emachine computers.but yes u will have to get the proper disks for your computer. u might also check and see if there is any xp drivers for that computer. if not u will have a very hard time finding them. hope this helps u.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My computer did NOT come with CD's. Im kinda pissed that it didn't. I don't know how im going to get my own OS CD as I am 15 with no job and my parents wont put any money into a computer as they do not understand that computers are not cheap.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
since u are only 15 your parents will have to contact acer and hopefully get a set of restore or recovery disks for that model of computer. if it didnt come with xp to begin with and theres no xp driver for it u might be out of luck . more than likely acer will just send u disks of what was originally in the computer. if by some chance u find xp drivers u will have to buy a copy of windows xp pro or home and they are getting very hard to find and not cheap either.hope this helps u.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.