Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone familiar with this guy? Running W2K and Trend Micro PCcillin keeps coming up with detections for this. PC cillian says:

Real-time Scan
Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security has detected a virus, spyware application, or other Internet threat, and performed the action specified.

Infected file: C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}\RP274\A0087546.exe
Virus name: ADW_HOTBAR.AJ

Scan action result: Denied Access.
Note: If Search for and clean Trojans is enabled and is executed after scanning, you can click Next to view final scan result information.

BTW, I can't seem to locate the dir shown as hosting the infected file.

Thanks for any help with this!

·
Retired Moderator
84,301 Posts
Ah, that's what I thought.
By turning off System Restore and turning it back on should flush that infection out.

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Restart your computer.

Turn System Restore back on and create a restore point.

To create a restore point:

Single-click Start and point to All Programs.
Mouse over Accessories, then System Tools, and select System Restore.
In the System Restore wizard, select the box next the text labeled "Create a restore point" and click the Next button.
Type a description for your new restore point. Something like "After trojan/spyware cleanup". Click Create and you're done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.