Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Apple iPhone that is nigh on impossible to connect to my home WiFi via my Netgear Modem 2.4G - and believe me I have tried every trick in the book but absolutely nothing works!

This is a well known problem with the iPhone and after trawling through zillions of forums etc. including TSG, the only avenue left to me is to get one of the latest and greatest wireless modems that will give me a fighting chance to connect without having to hook up to the expensive 3G for internet, mail etc.

If I do go out and get such a modem, is it a drama installing it over "the top" of the present one that operates via the typical USB adaptors and modem.

I have always fought with wireless "things" and whilst my two home PC's are quite happy with the present setup, I dread messing up the whole thing with having debris from the old Netgear modem still scattered about my PC.

Any recommendations on a top modem (Australia) would also be appreciated.

·
Registered
274 Posts
make certain you have the wireless settings correct on your router i.e broadcasting SSID (if you want to see network name pop up) and also the security password for connection etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.