Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

I need to buy a projector for an organization, I have been entrusted to this because i know how to turn on a computer. I know the price range that I am limited to is for a lower end projector, so that is why I am posting this thread. In the $1300 or less range what would be a good projector? It is going to hook into a Toshiba Satellite laptop and be used for showing slides in Sunday School and ocassionally in church, so it doesn't have to be 'professional' quality, but I would like to avoid 'junk'. What specs should I look for, what types of features are the best to have? Is there one brand better than another?

If anyone has anything to add, I would appreciate it, thanks

·
Registered
21,334 Posts
I would go with Viewsonic, but they are a little spendy. There are also some from DELL (they resell major manufacturer stuff like APC, etc) that are pretty reasonable and you can get a good warranty. They pretty much all have the same features now.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
could you be more specific, as to what features I should look for? What I know about projectors is...they put pictures up on a wall. How's that for being projector literate?

Hi Rockn :p

·
Registered
21,334 Posts
Most of them in the same price range have the same features. Most have remotes for some funtions the lower end ones have to be manually focused and keystone adjustment. The cost starts going up when the resolutions get higher than 800X600, lamp brightness, power saving, blah blah. Higher end models also have inputs for other media sources and have built in speakers for multimedia presentations. BAsically if all you want is to put a picture on a screen go for the lowest cost one you can find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.