Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

Currently I am using the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC driver in XP with 1 core enabled. I am just wondering if it is possible to use the same driver for a single core in Windows 7? I am using one core and this driver because it improves performance on a few old games that I play. I would like to switch to Windows 7 but only if it is possible to reproduce the same environment for my games (Legend Of Mir 3).

Is it just a simple matter of disabling 3 cores in my BIOS and allowing Windows 7 to integrate the appropriate driver version? I cannot see an option for ACPI on my other system that has Windows 7 installed.

Thank you!

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Click Start | Run (or press WinKey+R), type msconfig, press Enter.
Click the Boot tab.
Click the Advanced Options... button
Set the number of processors here.

I don't know if this will have the same effect as using the single core versions of the hal/ntoskrnl files though.

You could also try setting the processor affinity in Task Manager for the game process, right click the process, click Set affinity...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.